SOLVED

Allow or block sign-in of Room & Equipment Resource related user accounts

Bronze Contributor

Is there a difference in behavior when sign-in of room & equipment resource user accounts are allowed vs. blocked? Is there security wise an advice regarding this? So, must sign-in of these resource related user accounts be allowed or blocked?

Why this question?

In our latest tenants the user accounts related to room & equipment resources have a sign-in status of allowed. However, on other older tenants these resource related user accounts have a sign-in status of blocked. I don't see any difference in behavior, but maybe I missed something. See attached screenshots regarding these resource related user accounts.

I can imagine that blocking sign-in of the resource related user accounts is more secure, but I'm not 100% sure. So looking forward to your views and advice on this.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Harold van de Kamp (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

Depends on the use I suppose. If you have room system devices, those use an account to enable certain functionalities and thus need to be enabled. For regular "placeholder" rooms, it shouldn't matter.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Harold van de Kamp (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

Depends on the use I suppose. If you have room system devices, those use an account to enable certain functionalities and thus need to be enabled. For regular "placeholder" rooms, it shouldn't matter.

View solution in original post