Advanced eDiscovery issue - Office 365 E5 Trial

Deleted
Not applicable

I started a Trial tenant based on the E5 subscription plan, because the demo partner tenant is apperantly still down.

I've struggled with a lot of issues, which I can't find other places online, so I'm not sure what to do about it - I'm not sure if it is a mistake on my end, or simply a bug in the trial.

When I've created a case in the eDiscovery center, I try to connect to Advanced eDiscovery, but it will just pop up with this message:

Udklip.PNG

What I found out is that you apperantly have to specify an eDiscovery Admin/Manager - but the trial has an inbuilt admin, so I can't specify my current admin account to be the eDiscovery admin.

Anyone here who have any suggestions?

5 Replies

I have not met this restriction before but it does not surprise me. After all, a demo tenant is always likely to be limited in some ways.

If you want to explore advanced functionality, you are better off buying an E5 license for an existing tenant or setting up your own demo tenant with just one E5 license. That way you control the situation instead of relying on whatever functionality those who manage the demo tenants are willing to expose.

I had created e-discovery case in a trial tenant, so this is something to do with the permission.

Can you try the same with the Global Admin account?

What is the Global Admin?

I was of the impression the mail you used to create the trial would be the admin account.

At the time of trial creation, you specified a default admin account, that will act as a global admin account.

Yes, I set the current account I'm using as the admin - so I'm curious as to what this could be.