SOLVED

Admin access to my device and email accounts

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

Recently I bought office 365 from eBay. Eventually, I realized it was an academic license and there is an admin who I don't know where is and who is? Now, my questions are: 

Will the admin can access my device?

Will he able to see my emails and login details?

3 Replies
Good day!

Will the admin can access my device?
The question is too broad for me. AFAIK Admin can retrieve information of the device or do a remote wipe if your device is managed by the organization.

Will he able to see my emails and login details? Emails, yes by doing Content Search or eDiscovery. Also login details such as when and where you login. Password, no, admin can reset it or force you to reset it.

@Germaum Does the admin can see my emails through e-discovery if I use a a personal email like outlook.com or gmail.com in outlook 365? 

best response confirmed by alexmnetto365 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
No, since Microsoft 365 and/or Office 365 (.onmicrosoft.com) is separated from Personal and/or Home Accounts like Outlook.com and GMAIL.COM. Even if you add your Outlook.com and GMail.com accounts to Outlook Desktop Applications, M365/O365 has no capability through search to your personal email.

Unless you migrate your Outlook.com and/or GMAIL/GSuite data to M365/O365 but I think that will be for another topic.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by alexmnetto365 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
No, since Microsoft 365 and/or Office 365 (.onmicrosoft.com) is separated from Personal and/or Home Accounts like Outlook.com and GMAIL.COM. Even if you add your Outlook.com and GMail.com accounts to Outlook Desktop Applications, M365/O365 has no capability through search to your personal email.

Unless you migrate your Outlook.com and/or GMAIL/GSuite data to M365/O365 but I think that will be for another topic.

View solution in original post