Adding global signatures in office 365

Copper Contributor

I have set up global signature using rules append the disclaimer. I have gotten most of it to work. 

There seems to be some issues mapping the attributes correctly in the HTML format. I am using "Title" as one of them but it does not seem to pull the title. I have added my title under the organization tab in the mail box. For some reason though it does not pull it in the signature.

Any help would be great. If you need me to post the HTML let me know. There are a couple of other attributes that are not mapping but figure I try to get this one to work first

39 Replies
Hi Robert,

The creation and ongoing management of signatures in Office 365 and linking them to the Azure AD attributes is pretty cumbersome. This is true of putting images in them too. To note in Office 365 these are designed as Disclaimer as opposed to actual signatures.

The majority of the organisations I work with swear by Exclaimer Cloud. These are proper signatures, pull from Azure AD has a load of templates and embed the images in the email as opposed to referencing external objects. Much better to pass AV/AS.

If you will still use HTML the Title attribute can be found here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/Exchange/policy-and-compliance/mail-flow-rules/signatures?view=exch...

%%Title%%</br>

Hope that helps and answers your question.

Best, Chris

One of my rules uses Title, and it seems to work just fine for me (just did a quick test to make sure nothing has changed). So it seems the issue is with the rule settings, or with the attribute of the user you are testing with. Mind sharing the rule?

The problem is, that the signature ist always on the end of the e-mail. If you anwser a e-mail, the signature is not under the anwser, the signature is under the end of the hole mail and that´s looks bad.

You can only have two option: At the start of the e-mail and at the end of the e-mail, but not at the end oft the active e-mail, if it is a anwser oder a forwarding e-mail.

Do you know a solution for this problem?

That is another reason I recommend Exclaimer Cloud. In Office 365 it is a disclaimer rule that it is applied so it will appear down the bottom of email strings that’s what it’s designed to do.

Exclaimer Cloud is 100% cloud based, fully integrated with 365, is housed in Azure, pulls from Azure AD, embeds all images, does need any creation of HTML and applies to every email whether send from Outlook, the Outlook app or OWA. It’s one third party application which is actually better than what is natively in Office 365 today.

Best, Chris

Is Set-MailboxMessageConfiguration a option or works the signature only with OWA and mobile?

We are in contact with Exclaimer Cloud, but we don´t need many features. Therfore wie are looking to a solution in Office 365.

Unfortunately, works on OWA only - see article

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/client-access/set-mailboxmessageconfigur...

Description - These settings are not used in Outlook, Exchange ActiveSync, or other email clients. These settings are applied in Outlook on the web only.

Best, Chris
Yes! This is the way it works! There’s no good signature options in 365 built in! The exclaimer has the downside of ending up at the bottom etc! Also not visible at the sent folder etc... I’ve used the code twos signature solution and it has worked out well!
https://www.codetwo.com/email-signatures/
Yes! This is the way it works! There’s no good signature options in 365 built in! The exclaimer has the downside of ending up at the bottom etc! Also not visible at the sent folder etc... I’ve used the codetwo’s signature solution and it has worked out well!
https://www.codetwo.com/email-signatures/

I think there is also no Office 365 signature Add-In, that can be administrated central?

I don´t unterstand, why there is no option in the tranport rule, to add the signature under the active message and not under the end of the hole e-mail.

Than we must use Exclaimer Cloud, but this is in my opinion a bad solution, because we must relay all e-mails on the Azure servers from Exclaimer. 

Yes, I think a lot of people would like to see better signature functionality in 365.

I would recommend looking into how Exclaimer works as they should provide some material on the routing. Office 365 routes to Azure with the Exclaimer services, then back to 365 and then it goes out to the recipient from 365. It doesn't relay out from Exclaimer straight to the recipient if that is what you mean

Hope that helps and answers your question

Best, Chris
Yeah! I belive most solutions work that way! I had this trouble like 2 years ago when a customer wanted automatic centrally administrated signatures for all users applied from all devices! I started out with the exclaimer alternative with mailflow rules but in the end I ended up deploying code Two’s solution and after that they were happy!

Thanks for all the replies. I actually got everything to work.

I believe that yes there is a still a problem with the signature not showing after every reply. So there is no way to fix this?

AFAIK no way to fix this as the rule is s disclaimer rule and that’s how it’s designed to work

Best, Chris

No! no way around afaik! Then you need a third party solution as we talked about in above comments.

What you can do to customize it a little bit is to apply mailflow rules depending on replys etc..for example to prohibit multiple signatures at the bottom I appled a rule to not apply the disclamer if the subject included a FW, or RE ( depends what language you have)  

Adam

Yes thanks i was able to do that with the exception rule. 

Does anyone know if you use an image with a url link in the signature most email servers block that?

In my experience is that it works ok with inserting a image you host on the web! First time you get the mail there is a warning - you have to click "show images" something, the first time

adam

Not to hijack this conversation - but just to expound on the third-party/ISV options - I've also heard of "Mailbox Central" and "LetSignIt" in addition to the already-mentioned "CodeTwo" and "Exclaimer". Anyone with any experience on those other two?
Hi! Couldbt find any info on mailbox central working for Office365? Letsdignit have this but I have no experience with it unfortunately! Exclaimer and codetwo are the biggest ones indeed in this field

Adam
I'd agree with Adam here

I don't personally have the experience either with these other two. However, I imagine there are several ISV's in a similar way there are several ISV's for other add-on's such as archival, backup and gateway services. Due to the management overhead and limitations with 365 native signatures many organisations would have spotted an opportunity to provide a service on top of this.

I guess looking from a provider perspective you would have several criteria for choosing them, such as

- Data residency and platform
- ISO certification
- Successful history and Case Studies
- SLA's and service reliability
- Integration with Azure AD
- Ability to apply and render correctly across Outlook, OWA and Mobile
- Management GUI
- Cost
- Ability to embed images as native to the messages
- Templates
- Cost
- Ability to customise based on domain, attributes and users

My advice is to strictly apply these criteria to making a decision.

Best, Chris