Add further Office 365 apps to existing installation

Copper Contributor

Hello community,

I would like to add further Office 365 apps (Teams and Visio) to my already existing Office 365 installation. The challenge is to do this without wiping my Word + Excel + Outlook settings / preferences.

Which approach would you recommend?

1) Office 365 deployment tool with a customized config.xml? And if so, 1a) check-boxing only the missing apps, or 1b) check-boxing all apps incl. Word + Excel + etc.?

2) The Office 365 setup file that can be downloaded from the Office 365 admin website?

3) Something completely different?

Thank you for your advice, and kind regards :)

Stefan

2 Replies

Hey @gonduron ,

Go with the first approach unselecting all the apps you already have installed on the computer in the configuration file. Also unselect "Uninstall any MSI versions of Office, including Visio and Project" . If this is your personal laptop, you might want to create a restore point just in case you have to roll back. The thing to watch out for is C2R and MSI version of office. Apparently C2r and MSI conflict with each other; with some exceptions, Read here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/install-different-office-visio-and-project-versions-on...

Thanks

Dear @harveer singh

it is very kind of you to reply to my question. A BIG THANK YOU for that!

FYI: Since I could not wait, I have already installed the missing applications, using the Office Deployment Tool with a customized config.xml, with all applications included (also the already existing ones). I was lucky, and it did not reset / overwrite the existing application settings / preferences.

Again thank you for your help, and have a sunny week :)

Stefan.