2016 Pro Plus Default File/Save location

Copper Contributor

Need some help. Attempting to change the users Office Pro Plus apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) default file/save location to their home directory. I have the latest ADMX on our DC's and this does not work. Have a registry change suggested by Microsoft Support, but this also does not work as the registry entries are not present under the 16.0 entry. Any help would be appreciated.  

Word 2016:

Key Name:          HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Word\Options

Name:            DOC-PATH

Type:            REG_EXPAND_SZ

Data:            <Path>

Excel 2016:

Key Name:          HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Excel\Options

Name:            DefaultPath

PowerPoint 2016:

Key Name:          HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\RecentFolderList

Name:            Default

2 Replies

If they are not present, simply create them. It's normal that some keys/values that correspond to optional customizations are not present by default.

Thanks. The 16.0\options folder and every folder under options is missing, so that's why I ask. I didn't want to create all the registry entries under options. The only way I can get all the registry folders to appear is to launch each Application as an elevated administrator account.