0365 group branding - logo and customized themes

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to apply customized theme and company logo to an o365 group team site using a provisioned template via powershell (apply-pnpprovisioningtemplate). unfortunately, it didn't work for me.  does anyone have tried to apply provisionined xml /schema onto o365 team site?

In order to update a company logo in team site, is it true only global administrator of O365 will be able to change the company logo (via azure managment portal)?

when I attempted to update a current theme in team site, I received a message that says access denied to gallery/themes folder.  HOwever I logged in as a site collection administrator.  Is there a way to modifiy and apply customized theme in o365 group team site?

Thanks,

Annie

2 Replies

Dear Annie

It might be possible to do this through MS Graph.  I can take a look at it for you if you have the time.  You can schedule an online meeting with me through our bookings site .  Use the option for the free "Products questions and answers" session.  Give me some more details and we can see what is possible.

I struggle with all these styling updates in Office 365 too.  There should be an easier way.  Maybe we can create some custom addins that will make these kinds of changes easier until Microsoft gets this functionality in a freindly user interface. 

Dear all,

I had the same issue with the access denied on the Theme resource and found the reason for the Group Sites (and probably all the modern sites).

The access denied is due to the feature disable by default "enable customize scripts", you have the details for the case (in his case on the Content Type), working perfectly in the Theme case:

The script command to run is detailed here:

Fab