SOLVED

Member of a Group, but not Joined

Copper Contributor

We originally created some Groups within Teams. Having reviewed some guidance I found out that these Teams are hidden by default in Outlook.

I've run the PowerShell script to unhide these groups, and I can now see them in my contacts using the OWA client (but not a native client).

E.g.

Set-UnifiedGroup -Identity "MyGroup" -HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled $false 

I also can't see the groups I've joined in the Groups pane within Outlook (on any platform).

When I look at the Groups within the People area it says I don't belong as a member or owner to any groups. However, within the same People section, I can see that I am listed as a member / owner of multiple groups when I look at the members list within the 'All Groups' section.

Is there something else I need to do in order to get these groups to work as though they had been created without using Teams?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by StephenKennedy (Copper Contributor)
Solution

You need to also toggle the -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled flag.

Perfect! That resolved the issue for me. Thanks @Vasil Michev.

Hi@Vasil Michev 

I am having the same problem. I am a member of a Group. I can join it in Outlook - Outlook confirms that I have joined. The Groups appear in the side bar. Then a moment later they DISAPPEAR as if I've never joined.

I keep hearing about the "Power Shell" but I have no idea what that is or how to use it. Can you help?

I might also add, that once they disappear if I go back to join them again, it's as if I never joined. In other words, the it does not say "Joined" it says "Join."
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by StephenKennedy (Copper Contributor)
Solution

You need to also toggle the -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled flag.

View solution in original post