SOLVED

Document Sets in Office 365 Groups

Iron Contributor

Are document sets not supported in Office 365 Group SharePoint sites? I don't see the content type and when I try to migrate an on-premises library with document sets to a SharePoint Online group site using SharePoint Designer or AvePoint's DocAve tool I get a permissions error on the "~library/Forms/Document%20Set/docsethomepage.aspx" page. I've added my account as a site administrator but still get the error.

3 Replies

Afaik they are not available. @Juan Carlos González Martín is the resident SharePoint expert, he can confirm/deny :)

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Sorry mate, but in this case they are there :-)...you need to enable de Document Sets feature in the Group Site so you can add the default Document Set Content type to the document libraries in the Group Site or create new Content Types based on the default Document Set Content Type

Thank you for your assistance. I had to delete the content, delete and re-add the Document Set content type and then when I migrated the content with DocAve the document sets are working as expected. Thanks for the help!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Sorry mate, but in this case they are there :-)...you need to enable de Document Sets feature in the Group Site so you can add the default Document Set Content type to the document libraries in the Group Site or create new Content Types based on the default Document Set Content Type

View solution in original post