User cannot delete calendar items

Copper Contributor

I have a user who is having issues deleting items on Shared Calendars when using Outlook 365.  She can delete the items using the Web Portal with no problems so I would not think it would be a rights issue.

She gets this error:

"You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator"

Which it does sound permission related but again she can do anything with no issues in OWA.

I have tried recreateing a new Outlook Profile.  From other technotes I have run:

outlook.exe /cleanreminders

outlook /cleandmrecords

I have done an online repair of Outlook...

Any suggestions?

TIA

3 Replies
I have at least two users also facing this issue. Sorry for the note without contributing. Could not find a topic on this using the trusted search engine machine.

I did try un-selecting "Download Shared Folders" under account settings.

Worked with Microsoft on this.

• Tried another similar machine with the same account.
  • Uninstalled using MS SARA (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/about-the-microsoft-support-and-recovery-assistant-e90bb6...
  • Reinstalled from Office.com
  • Confirmed Office 2016 was updated
  • Remove and re- added to the O365 group with interesting results. After removing the group could not be found on Calendar, as expected. Then after re-adding, an email is sent out to the user and using the "view group calendar" button in the email would present another permission like error (that I didn't write down). The calendar can then be found but the same end results Mwkirk's posted error. 
  • Ms case is still open as they are looking into it. 
  • The work around seams to be to use O365 web in the mean time. 

@FrickFrack 

@Mwkirk 

I've had the same issue and was able to fix it.

The user who deletes the calendar items also needs "Author" permissions on the "Deleted Items" box of that user. If the person deletes the items, it goes into that folder...

So if example1@domain.nl need to delete items in example2@domain.nl 

Example1@domain.nl needs to have calendar permissions AND Deleted items permissions on example2@domain.nl mailbox.

Hope it helped!