Room Resource "This meeting has not been accepted"

Copper Contributor

I have added a room resource calendar to my calendar page. Can anyone tell me why when I hover over a meeting on this calendar, it says "This meeting has not been accepted"? I have attached a screenshot.

When testing, the calendar accepts the meeting so I'm not sure why this is displayed when users hover over the meeting. 

Thanks!

9 Replies

@tboltonmvp 

Hello,

Go to Exchange Admin Center > Rooms and Resources > select the room > Edit exchange settings

booking-delegates.png

Same question here. Does anyone know why this occurs?  The resource calendar accepts the booking or meeting though. However the popup when hovering creates confusion and I don't know how to tell the end users.

The room is already configured like this
@TBoltonVMP Same issue here. I do not recall it always being like. this. User creates meeting with room resource. Room resource auto accepts the meeting invite. Meeting shows as accepted on originators calendar but shows as not accepted on room resource calendar. Dashed lines around meeting on room calendar. Both user mailbox and room resource are hosted in Office 365.
Its hard to tell but the room resource calendar in Office 365 OWA looks fine. This looks like an outlook issue.

Any recommendations?

@Joshua_Thompson any update on this ??

@Priyanka1989 I have a ticket open with Microsoft on this.
We found that Outlook inside my network has this behavior but if you configure Outlook to your Office 365 account from an outside computer (say, your home computer) then the shared mailbox looks just fine. There is no message about "this meeting has not been accepted".

We are thinking maybe inside firewall is blocking some necessary traffic? We are still looking in to this.
I am not seeing any standout firewall denies that would indicate this is a firewall problem.
I cannot figure out what it is about my local environment that is causing this but it definitely seems related to my local environment.
My home environment was running the CURRENT channel. My local enviroment (work) runs the Semi Annual Enterprise channel. I upgraded a workstation in my local environment that was having this problem from the semi annual enterprise channel version to the current version.
Problem fixed. The meetings on the shared calendar now no longer states "This meeting has not been accepted".

Unfortunately we cannot run the CURRENT version as it conflicts with our change management policies.
FYI to anybody having this same issue. This is what "fixed" it for me.