Not all events visible to all group members on calendar

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I could use some advice on how to handle an ongoing issue with a calendar. It's a calendar that originated from a SharePoint group with 30 users at my workplace, and we all post events to the calendar to keep up with one another's schedules. However, not all events are visible to all users. There is only one user able to see all events created. There doesn't seem to be an issue with recurring meetings, but all day events and appointments. 

Some users can view more events depending on whether they use the web browser or the desktop client, and there seems to be little consistency in who can see which events or which events are problematic. I have been in talks with support, but it seems they are just as confused as I am at the moment. To troubleshoot, I created a new SharePoint group and added a handful of coworkers and added events to that new calendar. Three of four users could view these events fine, but one user could only view these test events via the outlook web browser (I did make sure she had the correct calendar selected when trying to view events). As far as I have been able to inquire, it seems events are being created correctly. Has anyone else experienced these issues? I've been browsing several forums and have yet to come across anything pertinent.

It doesn't seem to make a difference, but if needed, outlook version details are:

Version 2111 (Build 16.0.14701.20254) 64-bit

Version 2111 14701.20262 click-to-run

User error is always a possibility, but it seems unlikely after I created the test group/calendar. Let me know if I can provide more info. Apologies if this is not the right forum to post this issue in. Thanks!

0 Replies