SOLVED

Move others meeting in a resource

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to configure for some users to be able to change/move other peoples meeting from one resource-calendar (room) to another? And if possible, also update all invited peoples calendars.

For example, User 1 books a meeting in MeetingRoomA. However, the staff responsible for the meeting rooms need to move User 1 meeting from MeetingRoomA to MeetingRoomC. They could have access to all the employees calendars, open them in outlook, open the meeting, and change room. However this is not practical with a lot of users. 

We have managed to give the Staff enough access to actually move / copy the meeting to MeetingRoomC. However when copying the room it doesn't change room in User A's calendar, even if they decline the meeting from MeetingRoomA. Resulting in the meeting still says it's beeing held in MeetingRoomA, while MeetingRoomA has declined, and MeetingRoomC has approved. When moving the meeting (right click and chose move), nothing updates in User A's calendar.

So, is this possible to achieve?

Best regards,

Anders

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Anders Wormnes Vikenes (Copper Contributor)
Solution

With permissions on the rooms calendars you can forward a request from Room A to Room C then decline as Room A. However this won't update the location field in the meeting request unless the person who creates the meeting goes and updates it.

The problem is permssions, to update location you would need to have permission over their calendar.

Thank you.

That is what I also have figured out. I've managed to accept RoomC, and decline Room A. But as you say, the location field is not updated. I have also given the staff full permission to the employees calendars, but they still have to open the meeting in the booking calendar and change location there.

@Anders Wormnes Vikenes wrote:

I have also given the staff full permission to the employees calendars, but they still have to open the meeting in the booking calendar and change location there.

Correct. It's not really a very good solution at the moment. I did hear that the Outlook team were going to reviewing some of these awkward bit of the meeting flow. I think that for people booking rooms through Exchange they need to separate the technical bit of room from the more text box for location, then concatenate them together.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Anders Wormnes Vikenes (Copper Contributor)
Solution

With permissions on the rooms calendars you can forward a request from Room A to Room C then decline as Room A. However this won't update the location field in the meeting request unless the person who creates the meeting goes and updates it.

The problem is permssions, to update location you would need to have permission over their calendar.

View solution in original post