how to know the owner of a calendar ?

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a user to whom we shared a calendar but she does not know the owner. Is there a method to find out who owns the calendar? (powershell or o365 interface)

thank you.

2 Replies
Well, define owner? Usually, the person in whose mailbox the calendar resides is deemed the owner, but you can also have other users with "owner" permissions granted. In both cases, checking the properties of the folder (right-click > Permissions) will give you the details.
If you want to do it via PowerShell, use Get-MailboxFolderPermission, however you need to know the mailbox in which the Calendar resides.

Hi @Vasil Michev ,

I found a solution with the following two powershell commands:

Get-EXOMailboxFolderStatistics -Identity "User_Mailbox" -FolderScope Calendar | Format-Table -Property name, CreationTime, FolderPath

Example :

Get-EXOMailboxFolderStatistics -Identity lorenzo_Mailox@ -FolderScope Calendar | Format-Table -Property name, CreationTime, FolderPath

The cmdlet below gives me the path and name of the calendar that the user owns.

Get-MailBoxCalendarFolder -identity User_MailBox: \ "path_of_the_calendar" | format-list -Property identity, CalendarShareAuthorizationLevel, CalendarShareOwnerSmtpAddress

example :

Get-MailBoxCalendarFolder -identity lorenzo_Mailox@:Calendar\ Reunion | format-list -Property identity, CalendarShareAuthorizationLevel, CalendarShareOwnerSmtpAddress

Have a nice day