Error on the link to the MVP Nomination form for filling in community activities

Copper Contributor

Hi!

I have been nominated for the MVP consideration by another MVP, due to that I received an email to fill in the community activities using a link to a form. I’ve tried to access the form to submit further details, it prompted for a User ID and password to which I have entered my Microsoft live account credentials. After the login, it gives the following error message

Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request. (500)

ErrorMessage-NominationformMVP.png

I’ve tried the link in different browsers & devices, there is no change. I am not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question. If you could advise the correct support team, it would be great. Thanks much for your help

P.S: I have sent an email to mvpga@microsoft.com with the error message details, yet to see a response.

Regards,

Mohamed Ashiq Faleel

5 Replies
I occasionally get that error in the MVP site but clicking the menu to open the page again seems to work for me. So perhaps once it's logged in and got to that 500 error, paste the nomination form link into the address bar again and see if that works?
Hi Katy,
Thanks for the response @CoasterKaty. It is still the same, I was able to login to the MVP site but the moment I put the form URL I get the same error. The form URL looks like
https://mvpsitepmeprimary.azurewebsites.net/en-us/Nomination?enid=SOMERandomCharacters&rn=1
That's odd, as it should be mvp.microsoft.com - although I noticed it change to that azurewebsites domain for a while the other day (but then change back). Hopefully MVPGA will get back to you soon, I don't think it's an issue isolated to just you as I know quite a few MVPs are getting problems with the 500 error this week.
Your response helped me to solve the problem. The URL works after I change the domain from mvpsitepmeprimary.azurewebsites.net to mvp.microsoft.com. Thanks again, hope it gets corrected in the system.
Glad you're in, and good luck with your nomination!