Discussion: MVP2MSFT or MVP2JOB

Bronze Contributor

We as MVPs has certain unique passion and expertise. There is something common with all of us that we are expert in at least one technology and we are trustworthy and when we have access to certain private resources in Microsoft , we won't leak it to public and we are excited about Microsoft technologies.

There are MVPs, who really interested in landing job in Microsoft , getting MVP title is one step but we need to find a roadmap to land a job in Microsoft. Sometimes we are expert but we don't know how to present our expertise and passion. Therefore, I suggest a program which I call it MVP2MSFT and in this program, MVPs who interested in working in Microsoft will be registered and after certain training and evaluation would secure a seat in Microsoft.

Another suggestion is MVP2JOB, in this case we have MVPs who want to find a job or change current job or want to experience different job, other MVPs who are looking for new talent and this could lead to internal MVP job search where MVPs would post a job and others would submit CV or express of interest.

I am sharing these suggestions and someone from Microsoft MVP program should review and give feedback and execute it, however I am asking MVP folk to feedback on this. You may also share other ideas about these topics.

11 Replies
Careers at Microsoft
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en

also just an example: if a senior developer from a big tech company (e.g Google) wants to join Microsoft, they won't tell him/her to join MVP first before we can hire you..

Normal process for apply to Microsoft in the website you mention is right and open for everyone. I am not saying to join Microsoft you must become MVP.

However, what I am saying is if anyone is currently an MVP and also want to join Microsoft too. Then they put through training and special way to build their skills and expertise.

While, everyone around the world could just go ahead and apply for Microsoft through website.
That would be too expensive and use of resources.
why spend so much time on sometime and train them from the beginning or even from the middle, while there are experts already in the world, learned their stuff and got skills, ready to be hired by big companies like Microsoft.

I find this really interesting to know @Reza_Ameri-Archived 

Continue your good work in enlightening us. 

I believe you didn't understand my post clearly and you don't have much clue about MVP program.
In MVP program you will have access to certain learning resources and ability to enhance your learning, while we could use those resources to learn and enhance our learning capability, I am saying this to give chance to direct them toward a goal.
Microsoft already has similar programs for example there is program called MACH , when fresh graduate will work for Microsoft for two years and learn and gain experience and if they do well, they will et hired by Microsoft.
This won't stop others from hiring in Microsoft but it gives ability to MVPs to get direction and know how train themselves. While everyone could learn and gain experience and apply for Microsoft.

@Reza_Ameri-Archived 

Spoiler

@Reza_Ameri-Archived wrote:
I believe you didn't understand my post clearly and you don't have much clue about MVP program.

Well you believe wrongly.

@Reza_Ameri-Archived 

Spoiler

@Reza_Ameri-Archived wrote:
In MVP program you will have access to certain learning resources and ability to enhance your learning, while we could use those resources to learn and enhance our learning capability, I am saying this to give chance to direct them toward a goal.
Microsoft already has similar programs for example there is program called MACH , when fresh graduate will work for Microsoft for two years and learn and gain experience and if they do well, they will et hired by Microsoft.
This won't stop others from hiring in Microsoft but it gives ability to MVPs to get direction and know how train themselves. While everyone could learn and gain experience and apply for Microsoft.

I'm aware of them, they are public info, not secret.

here more info: https://careers.microsoft.com/students/us/en/isrmachprogram

for anyone interested.

and it's not something only Microsoft is doing, there are other companies and even government sectors in some countries doing it, investing in  students and giving them direction to hire them later. I simplified the process of course for the sake of this conversation.

Can I again become MVP as currently part of MVP Reconnect Program?

@arungarg 

It would be general rule which you have to be active for period of one year in specific Microsoft MVP category like by answering questions, writing blog or any other contribution. Then someone from Microsoft would reach you out for MVP nomination.

I think that you can submit you MVP application any time when you ready. You just need to confirm have enough contributions for community, show your knowledge and professional and so on.

@Hao Hu 

I believe MVP program changed a bit and you couldn't self-nominate yourself again and either MVP or Microsoft Employee should invite you.