Can I become MVP ? Looking for Newbie Guide to path to MVP

Copper Contributor

Would love to contribute to this community . Is there any path I can take to become MVP ?

Any Suggestions , Ideas , Discussion and tips would be highly Welcome :)

Thanks,

Chirag

@chiragsukhija 

3 Replies

Hi @chiragsukhija,

You definitely have to be nominated by a Microsoft employee or a current MVP. I wish @microsoft @mvp program managers or so can change the way one gets into the MVP program by letting individuals submit their selfless contributions/support they have done in the past and not just by random nomination. 

Good luck in this pursuit #Microsoft #mvp

@xtian2210 ,

Microsoft must change this nomination path like past. Now what is happening!!! NO MVP would nominate anyone without personal acquaintance and for Microsoft employee?? Do you think you can find one who will send your nomination..no way!!! this is a unacceptable nomination path.

It seems like Microsoft does not want to add brilliant contributors from general public...

NO MVP will nominate you until he /she knows you personally and no Microsoft employee will nominate you. This is a better truth, I requested a few days back on LinkedIn " hey respected MVP, could you please nominate me  and he replies after month " no, because I don't know your personally.

Comm**on  Microsoft don't you have this insight  to this problem?

@chiragsukhija 

I am sharing advised as I have been Consumer Security MVP and now I am Windows Insider MVP and before I was awarded as an MVP, I was asking the same question.

You should think this way: I want to extend my knowledge to community and help Microsoft users worldwide and then chose one path where is interesting like Windows, Cloud, .... (the MVP category) and start answering questions, sharing tips, ... . Microsoft and MVP will monitor forums and your online activities and when they discover you are contributing a lot in the community, they will reach you out and nominate you.