Installation of prerequisites before the installation of an MSIX Package containing a WinUI3 App

Copper Contributor

I am currently building a WinUI3 Desktop App and struggling with creating an .msix installer package that works. In order for the app to launch and to function properly I need to have .NET 6 Desktop Runtime and AppleMobileDeviceSupport installed.

I tried solving this issue using Package Support Framework, but it doesn't seem to work.

Does a solution exist for adding dependencies/prerequisites in the project for these two? Or maybe defining custom dependencies? 

@John Vintzel 

2 Replies
Does it install and run with having .NET 6 and AppleMobilDeviceSupport already installed? Are you asking to install the dependencies before installing your package?
Hello!
As for .NET 6 Desktop Runtime it seems that publishing the app as self contained fixes the issue. As for the AppleMobileDeviceSupport part, the installation starts without the user having it installed. The solution that I implemented for now is to do a silent install on the first launch of the app. (Works pretty well, despite the fact that the user needs to allow the app to install the program).
If you have any other ideas for installing it by default, I would be glad to hear them.