How to package an app which contains another app

Copper Contributor

Hello, please i need help on how to package my application.
I'm currently working on flutter project and i would like to package my flutter application.
The problem is this app need another app to work perfectly and that's the part i'm stuck...
I would like to know if there is a way to handle this kind of topic.

3 Replies
It sounds like you need to declare it as a dependency if the other app is an MSIX too. The following article explains how you must modify the AppXManifest.

https://www.advancedinstaller.com/handle-prerequisites-msix-dependencies.html

If the app is not an MSIX we need more details. You could use a bootstrapper or maybe you can trigger it's installation from your app, the first time it launches if this is not a runtime or something that your app needs in order to run.

@Bogdan Mitrache Hello, Thanks so much for the reply..
The process is :

Actually, I'm working on an app that needs a couchbase sync gateway to synchronize the app data with the couchbase server. I want to create a package that will ask the user if he wants to install the couchbase server or just the app + the sync gateway.
If he decided to install the app + the sync gateway I will install first the sync gateway exec and then the flutter app.

Hope that it makes sense.

Currently this scenario of the app (a main package) declaring(and installing) a dependency on another main package is not supported but we have noted this requirement and will look into it.