Getting error 0x800705aa during installation of MSIX package

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am getting the below error during installation of the MSIX package:

"App installation failed with error message: Writing to file VFS\ProgramFilesX64\MATLAB\R2021b\ui\install\supportsoftwareclient\dojox\layout\resources\icons\splitterToggleV.png at offset 0x0 of size 0x11F failed. (0x800705aa)"

Any idea what could be the reason for it and how can it be resolved.

7 Replies

It will help if you specify the version of MatLab,, as well as any tooling used to repackage the application.

In particular the 2021.1105 Microsoft MSIX Packaging Tool has issues that has caused similar symptoms; the new 2022.110 build seems much better.

The MATLAB version we are trying to package is R2021b and the MSIX packaging tool that we used is of the build 2022.110. I am still getting the below error while installation:
"App installation failed with error message: Writing to file VFS\ProgramFilesX64\MATLAB\R2021b\toolbox\systemcomposer\allocation\editor\web\release\images\collapse_down-hover-25665c1733f2d57001b322eeb498d82b.png at offset 0x0 of size 0xF6 failed. (0x800705aa)"

Since there is no log file for MSIX installation i have checked the event viewer but could not find any reason as there is no failure details shown there and only the above message is present. What could be the possible reason for this and how can i resolve it.
The place to look for errors when installing an MSIX package is in Event Viewer. "Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows" has three folders starting with AppX. You'll probably find more detail there.
I have checked in all the folders present under Event viewer starting with APPX but there are no further details apart from the error message:
"App installation failed with error message: Writing to file VFS\ProgramFilesX64\MATLAB\R2021b\ui\install\supportsoftwareclient\dojox\layout\resources\icons\splitterToggleV.png at offset 0x0 of size 0x11F failed. (0x800705aa)"
That smell like a bug. You'd be best to try the install and enter a report through the feedback hub.
Hi @TIMOTHY MANGAN,
This issue got resolved after we have increased the RAM size of the machine. looks like the error was a windows error and not the MSIX technology error and it was giving an error on writing inside a file. but it is strange i have never seen an application installation issue which is because of the RAM of the machine. Have you faced such issues in the past or do you think it is a bug?
I have not seen this issue. MatLab is big, but not that huge. If it were a problem while packaging, I'd ignore it but since it is a client installation issue it would be great to reproduce it and report it.