SOLVED

Downgrade MSIX app setting

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am working on downgrade scenario. I am trying to install notepad++7.8.4 and 7.8.8. I am trying to install 7.8.4 over 7.8.8. I am getting "latest version is installed" and launch the application. 

Kragunath_0-1596735575710.png

Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies

What version OS are you testing on?

I don't remember if that was added in 1909 or 2004 but I am pretty sure there is a minimum on the downgrade feature.

@TIMOTHY MANGAN ,

Thanks for your response. I am testing in Win10 2004. I will check on lesser version and confirm. 

Hi @TIMOTHY MANGAN ,
This link says that downgrade is supported in Windows 10 2004. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/msix/supported-platforms

We are proposing MSIX to existing and new customers in our organization. We would like to have some concepts cleared before proceeding. Any help would be appreciated.

best response confirmed by Kragunath (Copper Contributor)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution

@Kragunath Version downgrade is supported on Windows 10 2004.  The functionality to let a user double-click and downgrade an app was added through an app update.  Make sure you have the latest version of the Desktop App Installer app for this experience.  

I believe the latest version is: 1.0.32912.0

You can verify from PowerShell by running this command:

Get-AppPackage Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller

John Vintzel (@jvintzel)
PM Lead, MSIX

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kragunath (Copper Contributor)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution

@Kragunath Version downgrade is supported on Windows 10 2004.  The functionality to let a user double-click and downgrade an app was added through an app update.  Make sure you have the latest version of the Desktop App Installer app for this experience.  

I believe the latest version is: 1.0.32912.0

You can verify from PowerShell by running this command:

Get-AppPackage Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller

John Vintzel (@jvintzel)
PM Lead, MSIX

View solution in original post