Command Line Argument and PowerShell Module Packaging

Brass Contributor

Hi Team,

Hope everyone is doing great,

It's been so long here, I was working on some Azure and Terraform stuff. And now it's time to get familiar with a new member of the cloud-native tool MSIX App Attach.

I am working on multiple application packaging at present, during this fun time, I am stuck in 2 questions.

First : -

Can we pass command line argument while application packaging, like I have MS visio and its XML exist in C:\temp and I want to use them for MSIX. How can pass this below command at the time of packaging,

C:\temp\Visio\setup.exe /configure .\InsVisioProx64.xml

I tired to pass this in the command line box in below manner but it haven't worked for me.

/i "C:\wwwlogs\Visio\setup.exe /configure .\InsVisioProx64.xml"      ---  Not worked

Second : -

Can I package Azure PowerShell Module MSI into MSIX. I did so however when I am staging and registering the VHD on another machines. Post this I cannot load Azure module in PowerShell, I am assuming module can only be loaded from $psmodulepath . So is there any way to load module from VHD once it is staged and registered.

feel free to write back in case of any concerns and queries. 

As always thanks in advance :) 

3 Replies

@GouravIN MSIX app attach functionality is to deliver the MSIX package. It does not enforce any limitation and functionality. Failure to load the module will not be due to MSIX app attach but either the isolation or the VHD from which the MSIX is loaded being read only.

Thanks for the reply, Could you please help me with question 1 that I have raised here.
I have put this command in the command line section however it didn't work for me.
Off hand I would guess that it is the relative path on the command line argument that might be the issue.

By the way, there is no need to use the field in the packaging tool to specify the installer. If you leave the field completely blank, when you get to the installation monitoring mode you can open up a explorer, cmd, or powershell window and just run the installer by hand.