Auto-login after restart

Brass Contributor

Hi all,

I'll use the new feature in msix packaging tool for desktop installers that require a restart. My msi fires a 3010 and everything works fine; in UI mode I'll reboot manually and in cmdline mode reboot triggered automatically. But auto-login didn't work. At documentation I've found:  "... you can also specify you want to auto-login after the restart to have a seamless hands-free conversion...". But where is the setting for auto-login?

Thanky for help

Andreas

4 Replies

@Andreas Kerl 

Hi Andreas,

In the http://schemas.microsoft.com/msix/msixpackagingtool/template/1907 namespace, there is an EnableAutoLogon attribute you can specify on the target conversion machine element.

You will want to set this attribute to true.

I'll follow up on getting our documentation updated to better reflect this.

Thanks!
James

@James Pike 

Hi James,

thanks for your help. The following setting work ...

<p4:RemoteMachine ComputerName="W10-19035X64" Username="TestUser" p3:EnableAutoLogon="true" />

... but there's a big limitation on non-english systems. For auto reboot functionalitly the tool creates the tempory user "MSIXPackagingToolTmp" and add him to the local admin group. This fails on german systems because the group name "Administrators" is hard coded, not localized and doesn't exist on german systems.

Thanks
Andreas

@Andreas Kerl 

Hi Andreas,

Ah, That's clearly a bug in our implementation.  I'll get an item filed to correct that in future versions of the tool.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks!
James

@James Pike 

Thanks James.