SOLVED

Are start menu entries generated and can they be configured?

Copper Contributor

Is it possible configure that MSIX automatically puts everything program related in a sub folder like MSI used to do, or can i configure the name of the shortcut?
If yes what are the different Configurations and where can i find a documentation about the possible start menu configurations?

Any hints would be very much appreciated

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Alex1475 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Alex1475,

MSIX does not create folders for shortcuts in the start menu like MSI does. You can edit the display name of a shortcut in the manifest file of the MSIX package. 

Best,

Sharla

Hello@Sharla_Akers ,

Thanks for your reply.

Are there any other configurations or is the name the only thing that can me configured?

Sincerely

Alex

Hi @Alex1475,

Yes, you can modify the visual elements for your entry points as well. You just need to modify the visual elements of the Application information in your manifest file. 

Best,

Sharla

Hi @Sharla,

Thanks for your help.
Have a good day.

Sincerely,
Alex

@Alex1475 Unfortunately shortcut grouping is not supported. If your app has a bunch of shortcuts I suggest putting the app name at the beginning of each so that they are together rather than dispersed through the A-Z list of apps!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Alex1475 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Alex1475,

MSIX does not create folders for shortcuts in the start menu like MSI does. You can edit the display name of a shortcut in the manifest file of the MSIX package. 

Best,

Sharla

View solution in original post