Unable to install MSIX Packaging Tool Driver due to Expired Microsoft Cert

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have installed the MSIX Packaging tool. When trying to 'Create a new package' I get an error: 

MatthewPage_0-1624030526199.png

Researching this error points me to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/msix/packaging-tool/disconnected-environment#get-the-msix-p...

I am using my Corporate device that has its updates managed by MECM so this makes sense, however, when I try to install the .CAB file I get an error in DISM:

MatthewPage_1-1624030688461.png

Error 0x80090352 translates to:

MatthewPage_2-1624030710034.png

And this seems to be correct if I check the digital signature attached to the 

MatthewPage_3-1624030823975.png

Please can the product team update the offline installer/download link for the .CAB file so it has a valid security certificate? 

For anyone else that finds this, I was able to install the .CAB file by taking it from the Windows 10 Features on Demand disk (that has a valid certificate).

3 Replies
Hi Matthew,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are aware of the problem and working to fix it.

Best,
Sharla
Is there a status update to this? We're looking to utilize the MSIX utility and can't proceed past this same error.

For most people getting the error shown in the initial image of the original post, the cause is that you disabled the Windows Update service, which is used to install the driver the first time. Enable updates, let this screen show that the driver is installed, close the tool, turn off updates, and re-take your snapshot.

It looks like on Windows 11, the driver is now one of the optional features so you can install it that way on the new OS.