SOLVED

Package creation failed: Not enough memory resources are available to complete this operation.

Copper Contributor

Hi, I am currently using MSIX Packaging Tools to package my desktop application to MSIX with Set-up.exe installer. While during the process of MakeAppx.exe, it failed with message "MakeAppx : error: 0x8007000e - Not enough memory resources are available to complete this operation."

Can anyone help me with this issue?

14 Replies
best response confirmed by mei_9 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Mei,

I assume you are running on an x64 machine? This is a known issue that has been addressed. You'll need to pick up a newer update of the tool when it is available.

Thanks!
James

Hi James,

Correct, I am running on an x64 machine. Thanks for the suggestion. When will the new update be released approximately? I will update the tool once it's available.

Mei

Hi Mei, 

We do a release of our tool every few months, and our most recent one was in January. If you are interested in getting updates faster, we recently created a MSIX Packaging Tool Insider Preview Program, which you can join here

Best,

Sharla 

Program Manager, MSIX

Is the update that fixes this issue live on the Insider track? I am also running in to this problem every time I try to convert my program.

Thanks,

Tommy

It will be in the insider track, but the builds are not yet live.  We expect to have more information in the next week or so on releases to the insider track.

John Vintzel (@jvintzel)

Program Manager Lead, MSIX

Hi I've been facing the same issue as well with the current version of the tool (v1.2019.110.0)

Are there any updates regarding the release to the insider track? 

Dickson

We are working on the insider track.  It should be available towards the end of the month or early March.  Updates will be available on the docs site: https://aka.ms/MSIXToolPreview

John Vintzel (@jvintzel)

Program Manager Lead, MSIX

Hello there. Can you provide any workaround, old version for example, till you fix the issue? I need to build package for our customers but can't because of error, it repeats across all windows devices we have.

Hi D4rkV0id,

The particular failure hitting x64 machines shouldn't hit on a x86 machine.  If you are seeing x86 specific failures, please share the logs with me to review.

Thanks!
James

Hey, I've faced the same issue, because I was running from Developer Command Prompt, then I switched to cmd and launched manually from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\<winsdk_version>\x64" 10.0.17763.0 sdk have no such problem so I was able to build app successfully. Cheers

I'm still facing this error, and I picked up the MSIX packaging tool Store app about a week ago.

Hi Adityag,

Could you share some additional details with me to help narrow down the issue?

Information that would help me:

1. Are you running x86 or x64 version of the tool?

2. Are you running the conversion locally or on a vm/remote machine.

3. How much physical memory does your conversion environment have? Are you running other programs in the background while conversion is happening?

4. Does the issue repro consistently and with all installers? Or is there a particular installer that is triggering this problem for you?

5. Can you share the conversion log and the specific failure you see?

Feel free to file a feedback item via feedback hub or reply to me directly if have data that you prefer to keep more private.  Please review your logs for sensitive content before sharing.

Thanks!

James

I am receiving a similar error (The package failed to load due to error 0x8007000E "Not enough memory resources are available to complete this operation.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails) but when I try to open an old package in VS 2017.  We are currently upgrading our servers to 2019 SQL from 2012.  These packages we developed in BIDs 2008 then converted to DTSX in 2010 data tools.  We need to convert/rebuild them in VS 2017.  any help on this would be great. 

@mei_9 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mei_9 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Mei,

I assume you are running on an x64 machine? This is a known issue that has been addressed. You'll need to pick up a newer update of the tool when it is available.

Thanks!
James

View solution in original post