Is there any plan to integrate PSF in MSIX Packaging Tool??

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

Is there any plan of integrating PSF (all type of Fixes) in to MSIX Packaging Tool in upcoming Update?

2 Replies

Hi@Siva116 

I don't know what Microsoft's plans are with this integration but from our experience (when we built the PSF integration for Advanced Installer Express) I can tell it is not easy and it takes a lot of time and effort to get it right (but it will never be perfect).

If you need more automation than what the MSIX Packaging Tool & the PsfTooling (built by Tim M) can offer I recommend you use the free Express edition for Advanced Installer. You can use it for commercial purposes too.

In Advanced Installer there is a dedicated page called AppCompat where most of the PSF integration happens, but we also do a lot of under the hood auto-integration, for example, the support for shortcut arguments or copying resources from the AppData (from your MSIX package) to the PackageCache equivalent folder. (This folder copying/redirection is undergoing a revamp to make all these actions more transparent for our users).

Here is a full webinar dedicated to our PSF integration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li8Btb4Nf2Q&ab_channel=AdvancedInstaller

If you have any feedback ping me at firstname at advancedinstaller dot com.

Bogdan

Disclaimer: I work on the team building Advanced Installer.

Thanks alot @Bogdan Mitrache for the info