SOLVED

MSI-X Streaming Technology

Copper Contributor

Hello together,

i got a little Question on MSI-X vs. App-V.

Is there any strategy or design on MSI-X to get the Streaming feature of App-V?

On MsIgnite I saw only Distribution of Packages of Web/Local and ConfigMgr over the AppInstaller.

Thanks and Regards,

Daniel

3 Replies

Right now we do not have a streaming replacement for App-V in MSIX.  Its in our backlog to add a similar feature set for VDI like scenarios.

John.

@John Vintzel 

Is there any update on this topic?

Thx, Daniel

best response confirmed by John Vintzel (Microsoft)
Solution

@Daniel Finkenzeller 

We covered more at Build as part of the Windows Virtual Desktop session.  You can view the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvEjX_NOfxk  Around 38:30 we cover the MSIX App Attach portions.  I'd watch the blogs or twitter for any more updates as we get closer to a preview or shipping.

John Vintzel (@jvintzel)

PM Lead, MSIX

Application streaming is becoming a more common scenario for developers. We'll discuss how you can adjust your app to work well with remote streaming and media streaming scenarios. We'll also cover how you can use this technology to improve your testing scenarios.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by John Vintzel (Microsoft)
Solution

@Daniel Finkenzeller 

We covered more at Build as part of the Windows Virtual Desktop session.  You can view the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvEjX_NOfxk  Around 38:30 we cover the MSIX App Attach portions.  I'd watch the blogs or twitter for any more updates as we get closer to a preview or shipping.

John Vintzel (@jvintzel)

PM Lead, MSIX

View solution in original post

Application streaming is becoming a more common scenario for developers. We'll discuss how you can adjust your app to work well with remote streaming and media streaming scenarios. We'll also cover how you can use this technology to improve your testing scenarios.