Installing/Updating an MSIX package with Windows Service under two admin users

Copper Contributor

Hi All, Need some help with a MSIX package that has a Window Service.

I have created a MSIX package with Windows Service which targets latest Windows 10. I have tested the fresh install and update using two MSIX packages with incremental versions under one admin user. I have a Windows 10 where there are two admin users. I used one of them to install the MSIX package first and verified that Windows Service works correctly for both the users. However when I tried to install/update the package using the second admin user it failed.

I am using the desktop6:Service extension to install the Windows Service.

The error message is below:

App installation failed with error message: error 0x80073D26: While processing the request, the system failed to register the windows.service extension due to the following error: The package installation failed because a different version of the service is installed. Try installing a newer version of the package.
. (0x80073d26)

Is there something else we have to do for updating the software with Windows Service to work correctly between two users?

3 Replies

@akumarr It looks like there is a potential bug in an admin flow here.  We are investigating the issue.

John Vintzel (@jvintzel)
PM Lead, MSIX

@akumarr Sorry, nothing new to report yet.  I'd probably also recommend filing an item in feedback hub which should get you better status updates.

John.