Deploy MSIX as Intune LOB app

Copper Contributor

When you install MSIX via PowerShell Add-AppxPackage command, there are bunch of useful options

For example -DeferRegistrationWhenPackagesAreInUse is really nice from end user experience point of view.

When you put your MSIX package to Intune as a Line of Business app, there are no options to configure whatsoever and you cannot change any behavior - at least I cannot find any options to for example include the -DeferRegistrationWhenPackagesAreInUse. When I test to deploy update to MSIX app that is in use on client, the installation will reboot the computer to apply the update, which I cannot use in real world.

Current workaround for me is to convert my MSIX into Win32 app and add Powershell script in which I call the Add-AppxPackage command with desired options. It works but feels like an overkill.

Am I doing this wrong? Are there better options within Intune so I don't have to convert and add scripts?

2 Replies
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. I am not an expert on Intune so I've reached out to the product team there and am working to get an answer for you.

Best,
Sharla

@ShakersMSFT Did you ever get an answer?