MS Teams integration with AR/VR

Copper Contributor

Where can I go for details on AR/VR usage for remote collaboration, and MS Teams integration?

7 Replies

@HectorAcevedo have you explored the Dynamics 365 Remote Assist on HoloLens 2 Learn Path? Solve problems in real time with Dynamics 365 Remote Assist - Learn | Microsoft Docs

There are also plenty of online documentation between Remote Assist and Teams users like this one: Making calls between Dynamics 365 Remote Assist mobile and Teams - Dynamics 365 Mixed Reality | Micr...

Hope this helps!

@HectorAcevedo I might need a little more information to answer this well, but have you seen our recent announcements about Microsoft Mesh? If you're interested in developing collaborative experiences, definitely keep an eye on that :)

(Shona beat me to this part :D Her links are almost certainly better than mine.) If you're looking for out-of-the-box stuff instead, you might want to look at Dynamics 365 Remote Assist. I believe this also has some Teams related integrations, but I don't know specifics about that. There could be some other options depending on what type of remote collaboration you had in mind.

Thanks so much for the response. I am in fact, interested in MS Mesh, but specifically around integration with MS Teams (existing and/or planned).
Thank you very much Shona, will check out the links. Specifically seeking details around integration of AR/VR with MS Teams. AR/VR can be MS Mesh, and also 3rd party solutions.
I think most of our available information on Mesh is in that blog post I mentioned, or linked from there, so it's definitely worth digging around in! :) Mesh does work with Azure Active Directory/Microsoft Accounts/Microsoft Graph and such, and there's brief mention of Microsoft Teams being Mesh enabled later, but you may still need to wait to get specific details about that.

I haven't seen our Ignite presentations on Mesh yet (linked at the bottom of that blog post), so I don't know what's in 'em, but they might be worth a peek too!
Many thanks once again to both of you! (watched the Ignite session for Mesh live, and that sparked my interest in Mesh/Teams integration...)