SOLVED

Question about sharing an App being developed without deployment

Copper Contributor

Hi. I am currently developing a Hololens 2 App with VS2019 + Unity + MRTK.

I test the App being developed by deploying it to Hololens 2 with VS 2019, but I'd like to let my team member who is not a programmer and works at a distant place also test it. Is there any way to let him install the App (via packaging and etc. ) to his Hololens 2 without the deployment process via VS2019?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by robobeg (Copper Contributor)
Solution

You're probably looking to create a .appx file! Here's how you create one of those.

For installing an .appx, you'll need either the device portal, or Visual Studio again. There's a short doc on that over here. The device portal does still have a bit of a setup, but it should be much easier than Visual Studio!

Hope that helps :)

@koujaku Thanks a lot. I tried as you advised and succeeded in packaging & installing the app. The app was not able to open '.xml' files but I found that I didn't provide necessary attributes such as 'FileAccess.Read'. ( But weirdly the app was able to open them when deployed via VS2019. )

Thanks, again!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by robobeg (Copper Contributor)
Solution

You're probably looking to create a .appx file! Here's how you create one of those.

For installing an .appx, you'll need either the device portal, or Visual Studio again. There's a short doc on that over here. The device portal does still have a bit of a setup, but it should be much easier than Visual Studio!

Hope that helps :)

View solution in original post