SOLVED

HoloLens 2 Microphone Issues

Deleted
Not applicable

Has anyone run into this? The microphone on my HoloLens 2 stopped working. Speech recognition is on. In the microphone settings, the mic is on and every app is enabled to use it.

On the start menu, I can clearly see that it's picking up my audio. The volume level pick-up indicator in the icon responds to sound that it picks up... but, the microphone isn't working.

Not just speech recognition, but even if I record a video - no audio from the mic. Or if I launch the voice recorder app... nothing is recorded.

All OS and app updates are installed. I've powered it off and booted back up. Tried turning the mic off and rebooting (then turning it back on), etc. etc. I'm hesitant to factory reset the device because the mic is used during calibration/initial setup (if I recall).

2 Replies

My HoloLens 2 is running:

Build 19041.1136.arm64fre.vb_release_svc_sydney_rel_prod.210202-1429

The same problem occurs if I live stream or record a video from the device portal or from the HoloLens app on my PC.

I'm worried factory resetting is going to cause issues...

best response
Solution

Good news! The factory reset fixed the issue.

And... as it turns out, there isn't anything during the configuration wizard which is dependent upon voice input.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Good news! The factory reset fixed the issue.

And... as it turns out, there isn't anything during the configuration wizard which is dependent upon voice input.

View solution in original post