SOLVED

Could we get an option to remap the Windows button to directly launch SteamVR home when in Steam?

Deleted
Not applicable

I feel this will be important with the upcoming G2 releasing as their controller have less inputs than the current WMR controllers so every button will count and right now losing two inputs to open the Steamvr home when in Steamvr (the thumbstick clicks)

I know that this can be disabled but the alternative of pressing windows, aiming in the UI, then pressing the steam button is much slower, less intuitive and requires unnecessary actions.

Why not allow one of the windows buttons to act as a steam home button why function does having both do the same thing serve?

It might not seem like a lot but an example of this being annoying is recently I was making bindings for a game that was missing any for WMR in steam and this required me constantly flicking between in game and in steam bindings to test my changes and everthing just to that much longer as every time i needed three actions instead of one.

please consider this change as right now it is redundant to lose 4 inputs to windows home and steam home

1 Reply
best response
Solution

@Deleted I've had more or less the same thought when putzing around in SteamVR! While I can imagine why we might stick with the mapping they currently have, I'm always in favor of options/configuration. If I can find the right people, I might shop this idea to them :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

@Deleted I've had more or less the same thought when putzing around in SteamVR! While I can imagine why we might stick with the mapping they currently have, I'm always in favor of options/configuration. If I can find the right people, I might shop this idea to them :)

View solution in original post