All my Unity HoloLens 2 apps launch in 2D on the HoloLens 2

Copper Contributor

Any help would be great.

I have tried setting the camera Clear Flags to Solid and the background RGBA as 0,0,0,0 which was one suggestion. But after i run the project in Unity the Alpha always resets to 255. And when i deploy via VS it is windowed on the HoloLens 2

I have tried and verified that the Project Settings / Player / Publishing Settings / Supported Device Families / has "Holographic" selected.

I have made sure the XR Plug-in Management  / Plug-in Providers / is set to Windows Mixed Reality.

Going nuts here. :)

2 Replies

@Levelplain 

Good morning Levelpain,

I also had a similar problem a few days ago. All HoloLens 2 applications started in 2D after deploying to the glasses. The solution was actually quite simple: Change the Unity and MRTK version to the following setting:

• Unity 2019.4 LTS
  • MRTK v.2.4

Microsoft also recommends this setting in its own tutorial series:

https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/mixed-reality/develop/unity/tutorials/mr-learning-base-01

Before I had used Unity 2020.x and MRTK v.2.5. Under these versions, in my case the applications started only in 2D on the HoloLens 2.

I hope I could help a little bit.

Many greetings

@Knochenstaub 

thank you. That was 100% right.

Naturally I was ignoring the instructions and I had tried 2020 with 2.5.1 and 2019.4 LTS with 2.5.1.

With 2019.4.14f1 and MRTK v.2.4 it works perfectly.

I am back in love with the Hololens 2 again.

Thank you very much

Richard