Where is the Mac verion of To-Do

Silver Contributor

Where is the Mac version of To-Do.  Uservoice has an admin post from June 2017 that's a year ago.  The latest screenshot for What's New referring to sharing shows what looks like a Mac App, so what's the status?  Is it coming out soon?  I have some Mac users who would like the app on a Mac.  Also, I'll be giving an overview to staff on To-Do in general in a week and would like to say it is out or coming real soon.

26 Replies

Microsoft, you have a lot of Mac Wunderlist users that are interested in a Mac version of To Do. Last June you said it's coming. When will it be available? I would be willing to be a beta tester. 

Likewise, I'd be willing to be a beta-tester on this app.  Microsoft are you listening????

Also, I'm teaching a session tomorrow (6/14) on To-Do for our company and I'd like to say that the To-Do app for Mac is coming very soon, if I know for a fact that it is or can beta test it.

The silence from MSFT is deafening

@Keturah Cummings, any word on when the Mac version of Microsoft To-Do will be released???

Hi @Jeffrey Allen while it is in the works, we don't have a timeline to share publicly just yet. Thanks for bearing with us as we work to get it to you. 

Thanks @Keturah Cummings for the update!  Hope it's soon.

Keturah - Anything new for 2019? We are all very anxious to have a Mac version of To Do. Thank you, BB

Hi Bruce, while we're still hard at work on a native Mac app, we haven't set a release date just yet. We're pretty anxious to get it in your hands, so we'll be sure to post updates on all of our channels once we're ready to roll it out. Please stay tuned! 

Thank you for the quick reply!

As a longtime solution director at another major global software development company, I've learned to recognize the difference between dreams and plans. The recent response from MSFT sounds more like a dream. When a software release is PLANNED, there is a product roadmap that clearly communicates what/when/how. The fact that MSFT hasn't shown us Wunderlist refugees a roadmap for To-Do suggests several things:

- To-Do isn't a commercial/strategic priority for MSFT

and/or

- There is a plan but MSFT perceives that it will not be well-received so delaying the message

is the safest course of action

- The competitive posture of MSFT and Apple is inhibiting MSFT from enabling the OS X platform

When a software company is in a wait state, the usual tactic is to 'freeze the market' by occasionally doling out non-specific messages to keep the user community's hopes up so they don't defect to another vendor solution in the meantime.

As a longtime lover of Wunderlist, I am disappointed. I hate to be the bearer of bad news to my fellow OS X colleagues but I think the changes are becoming slimmer and slimmer that we will see the To-Do platform further extended to Apple.

If I'm wrong (and I hope I am), maybe this post will provoke MSFT to lay its cards on the table and give us some accurate and specific info.

@Neel Woods, I hope you are wrong but your comments on this makes sense.  I hope MSFT sets forth a roadmap on this.  Thanks!!!

Hi Jeffry and Neel, I'm really sorry for the frustration here. I do want to assure you that native Mac is actively being worked on by the team. While we don't have an ETA just yet, we'll be sure to spread the word once we're ready to share it with you. 

Thanks for the response. If you need a beta-tester for the Mac version, let me know and I'd be willing to participate.

@Keturah Cummings  Just wanted to see if there is ANY movement on this?  Months and years have gone by with nothing about Todo for macOS.  It was talked about at Ignite and it was mentioned it would be coming in early 2019 however nothing has shown up.

It is frustrating that Microsoft talks about being cross platform, but with this app nothing is showing up.  New features are rolling out for Todo like Flagged Emails and Planner integration, but as a Mac user we do not have any native app.  

@Will Wilson, I agree with you!  I hope it is coming soon as well.  My Mac users are heavy MS Planner users and are waiting to the To-Do to help them in their job.  @Keturah Cummings, any word on this????  Is anyone at Microsoft listening???

@Keturah Cummings Glad to know that the OS X version is "actively being worked on". Perhaps you could give us a progress update?

Hello- it has been about 4 months since your last comment. If not an ETA, can you just give us a progress update?

@Keturah Cummings, my guess since it has been almost 4 months since you said it is being actively worked on that it has actually been cancelled.  Disappointing but I guess that is the route Microsoft has chosen since there hasn't been any more information.  :(