TO DO - MY DAY - VIEW PREVIOUS DAYS LIST

Copper Contributor
NEED YOUR HELP -
In MY Day I need to be able to go see previous days and move things forward.
2) I want to export my daily to do list Does this TO DO App do these simple, but necessary functions?
21 Replies

I also need information about how to see my previos days in Microsoft To Do. ANy help will be appreciated. 

I found my previous days tasks in the Tasks list - when clicking on the individual task you see when the task was created. Essentially the incomplete tasks for your day are moved to the generic "Tasks" list. 

@LightGlow20 @vctorgab @Jay_C2040 I've created an open source tool here to do this: https://www.todo.report/ 

It's a work in progress, but open to PRs.

This is indeed a very preliminary function that NEEDS to be added. I wish there was a way to bring Microsoft's attention to this
If you go to PLANNED you will see EARLIER. Click that and you should see a list of incomplete items that had planned dates from past to present. Much better than having to go through a calendar month by month. Is this what you're looking for?

@kevinfreels no, because I want to see the completed items.

It'd be very helpful if we had a way of accessing past day list, see how productive we've been, how many tasks a day did we complete and how many did we leave incomplete, how many tasks a day we aim to complete, could we/should we push for more tasks or is it enough.

I agree
Please @Pernille-Eskebo do something about this. We are in 2022 already. and we need this feature
I hope we have this feature in 2022.

@LightGlow20 

I just noticed in the To Do web app, there is a "Suggestions" link in the upper right that includes all the unfinished tasks from yesterday, as well as other unfinished tasks. From here you can select the ones you want to move forward to "My Day." This is also available in the iPhone app.

I hadn't noticed this before.

Thanks, @johnnycardy. This is exactly what I was looking for. It should be a standard view.

Not quite what I was after. Isn't there a AUTOMATIC mechanism for something that does NOT get completed today will roll over to MyDay (Tomorrow). This is a very commonsense approach to task management where you have a list of things to do today that do not get done and should automatically be KEPT in MYDAY.

To have to do anything handraulically to make this happen is poor design, introduces points of failure and frankly is less than sensible. Anything that is in MYDAY should stay in MYDAY until completed or removed. It would be very simple to put in a configuration checkbox (KEEP incomplete tasks in MYDAY: YES/NO). I wonder at times if MS personnel actually use their own products.

EDIT:

I just found a better way to do this than using MYDAY. If you use PLANNED it will automatically slot tasks into TODAY when you create them. If you then do not complete the task, it stays in PLANNED, but is marked (in RED) as OVERDUE. You have the option of putting any date in (rather than today) as the due date. Whilst I have many folders including MY DAY, I now just use Planned. This is exactly what I wanted, the ability to automatically (and simply) rollover tasks and know they would not get dropped off a/the list.

This needs to be a feature! We should be able to look back at any MY DAY in the past, to see what we achieved that day, and see the unfinished items.
One alternative I am pondering experimenting with as a workaround, is whether creating a new list for the day helps or not (calling it something like "Thur 2 Mar"). That might have its own issues, but it would at least remain there until I delete it and hold together everything I moved there. Every day I can create a new list (and move any uncompleted tasks over) or rename it to todays date to rollover everything. It wouldn't automate, so you might use it for un-dated items, and let MY DAY or PLANNED deal with dated pending/overdue items maybe? I haven't tried this yet... but I'm going to have a play.

@Cirrus22 First, big thanks for your idea! It lead me to a new one that I explain here below:

- Have the option "Show 'Due Today' tasks in My Day" set to On

- Select the items in My Day that you want to keep if not done (you can easily select several or all of them by using CTRL or SHIFT, it works like in the File Manager)

- Right click and select 'Due Today'

- The next day, go to "Planned" view. Select all items in the "Earlier" section, right click and select 'Due Today'

--> Your My Day view is up to date.

The advantage vs the Planned view is that you can easily move tasks manually in a specific order in My Day.

HTH ;)

@GeFueGo Found a shortcut for the Earlier section (in "Planned" view), you can actucally directly right click on the "Earlier" word and select "Due Today" to update all its items.  ;)

HTH

Gérard

You have genuinely saved me SO much time and annoyance. Thank you!!

@LightGlow20 

Under your account image (photo or initials), select settings.  Under Smart lists, 'Completed' is off by default.  Turning this on will add the option 'Completed' to the home page of the app.  It won't give dates (unless a date is part of the task's title) but it seems it does put them in order, oldest at the top.  Another option is 'All' tasks.

@tjkeck10 I rely on my completed task list to report to my team in daily morning stand-ups. So, to keep my list easy to read at a glance, I end each day by creating and completing a task that looks like this:

"----------DATE----------"