To Do adds unwanted line breaks and messes up special characters

Copper Contributor

It started today and it happens on the Mac as well as on iOS. When I type this into a ToDo note:

18Sep20 13:05-13:35Uhr

- Diagnose "Daten" Problem

- iMac 27“

I end up with this:

- iMac 27"

To Do adds line breaks every time I modify this note, after 3 changes in the note I have 4 blank lines between every line. And it messes up the double quote with this HTML style notation. This drives me nuts. To Do is suddenly not usable at all anymore.

After several changes it looks like this:

- iMac 27"

7 Replies
I have the exact same problem as MacPerfekt!

OS's ~ Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.6 & IOS 14

Only noticed the CRLF being added yesterday, but happens with ALL notes and I have lot of them. ANY edit including changing the task title automatically adds another CRLF to the note. Yes, it really is getting annoying, so a solution is urgently needed, hopefully someone from the Microsoft tech team is reading this.

@MacPerfekt 

die neue Diskussion 

Duplizierte Leerzeichen auf Notizen unter jeder Aufgabe

@MacPerfekt 

As a workaround we use the web version instead the macOS app until they fix the issue.

https://to-do.live.com/

@MacPerfekt OMG this is crazy! <line> and <Line2> were ADJACENT! I had clicked out of the task and back in a few times and noticed FOUR blank lines between each and every line in my notes. I put a '1' at the beginning of each line, clicked out, back in, put a '2' at the beginning, etc... ARGHHHH.

<Line>

<line2>

please Microsoft fix the extra Line Problem in Note Section of to do on syncing fast! :)

I have the same issue and it is wasting my time and unusable

@MacPerfekt  The problem with the line breaks is solved now with the latest update of the app. So the app is again usable. Only the problem with replacing the double quotes " with this &quot; remains unsolved, but can easily