SOLVED

Tasks added via Outlook web aren't showing up in To Do web

Iron Contributor

When I drag an email into the To Do bar on the right ("Add as a Task" area), it appears in the list of tasks.  (I typically then edit the title of the task.)  It stays there in Outlook, but if I open To Do, the task doesn't appear in my task list.  I've tried opening and closing the To Do tab, but nothing seems to help.  I am using Outlook and To Do web versions (in Chrome).

Is this an issue for anyone else?  I need to see the task in the To Do tab so I can add information or change other properties that aren't available via the Outlook's To Do bar.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by LucidBike1140 (Iron Contributor)
Solution
They finally showed up. Took about an hour. I didn't take a specific action (that I can tell) to get it to work, so I'm just assuming that there was some sort of backlog in the task ecosystem somewhere. I did notice that when open Outlook for the web, an Outlook icon appears in my task tray with a little red gear. If I hover my mouse over it, there is a message, "Another program is using Outlook...". Right-clicking on the icon allows you to exit Outlook. I may have done that, then closed and reopened Outlook on the web, which brought that icon back. It's possible that got things going, but I'm not completely sure.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LucidBike1140 (Iron Contributor)
Solution
They finally showed up. Took about an hour. I didn't take a specific action (that I can tell) to get it to work, so I'm just assuming that there was some sort of backlog in the task ecosystem somewhere. I did notice that when open Outlook for the web, an Outlook icon appears in my task tray with a little red gear. If I hover my mouse over it, there is a message, "Another program is using Outlook...". Right-clicking on the icon allows you to exit Outlook. I may have done that, then closed and reopened Outlook on the web, which brought that icon back. It's possible that got things going, but I'm not completely sure.

View solution in original post