Task category

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Using To-Do for few months, all basis features seems fine but I feel need a additional flag to categorize or prioritize my tasks in MyDay list.

Let me know if this feature already available, if not are there any plan for adding this feature.

Thanks,

K Senthilrajan

3 Replies

Hi,

Not sure if it helps but you can use #'s as a means of labelling. So if you type #High in the description of 4 tasks out of 10. You can then click on one of the #High's that you have previously typed in and it'll only show tasks that #High in them. Might not be ideal but certainly helps you look at a subset of tasks quickly. Relies on the user being consistent with typing the # the same each time though.

Ross.

Nice workaround.

Shame the # list displays them alphabetically and without the option to sort

Thanks Phil.

Yeah unfortunately with it being as simple as it is it means you're likely to have do workarounds at some point. 

Depends what the type and quantity of tasks you have but might be easier for you to create tasks lists of HIGH, MEDIUM and LOW and then # them into categories. That way you can sort your High priority tasks as required. Obviously can't sort based on category then but you have the choice I guess.

Hopefully some development and improvements will start coming into it.