Sync tasks from Outlook to Todo removes steps

Copper Contributor

OK, so this seems odd to me.

I've just found out that MS Todo can sync with Outlook tasks. I don't know why I didn't before but it's exactly what I need.

I was thrilled to find that Todo also has 'steps' as this will cut down the overall number of tasks I need.

What I'm not so happy with is that if I make a change to the task on Outlook, it wipes out the steps completely. I can understand Outlook not understanding steps and therefore just ignoring them, but is this behaviour by design or am I doing something wrong?

1 Reply

@GeoffSharpe 

Happy workday to you. I completed a test, and here are my learnings.

• I created tasks with steps in To-Do.  
  • I opened Outlook Desktop.  Outlook Desktop did not display the To-Do steps; however, Outlook Desktop appropriately synced the remaining items.
  • I made changes in the Outlook Desktop description area, and it synced to To-Do once I hit the refresh button (F5) in the To-Do app.
  • I also added a note from the To-Do app, and it instantly synced to Outlook Desktop. See images below.

To-Do Image

Teresa_Cyrus_2-1636912919760.png

Outlook Desktop

Teresa_Cyrus_4-1636913957933.png

By design, the steps do not sync in Outlook.  If you feel strongly about this feature, you can vote for this feature in MS new Feedback Portal.  
https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/1e1e2bf9-df1c-ec11-b6e7-0022481f806c

As a reminder, MS made some significant updates to the To-Do app recently.  I also recommend that you update To-Do apps on all devices. 

For PC Desktop, Go to Microsoft Store, Click the ... (3 dots/more options), then select Downloads and Updates. Any apps you have on your PC, including To-Do, will update.

Teresa_Cyrus_3-1636913052222.png

For mobile, go to Google Play if you have Android.

Also, make sure you have the latest Office updates.  
https://traccreations4e.com/how-to-check-for-microsoft-365-latest-version-and-update-the-status

#traccreations4e