Shared Lists within ToDo - change owner

Brass Contributor

I setup some shared lists for the organisation during various Covid lockdowns and they are working really well however I am still the owner of them and I want to leave the lists to the people who are actually doing the work.  How can I change the owner of a shared list please?  In this case it's because I am not responsible for any of the work but could just as easily be because I was leaving the organisation so we need a way of moving a list to someone else?

SarahTurner_0-1611074317583.png

7 Replies
I have the same problem! Did this ever get sorted out?
No sadly not

@SarahTurner 

There is a way to solve this. I did this. Here are the steps to do this.

Suppose Sarah (Owner) has created a To Do List - ProjectABC with 10 Tasks in it. This is currently shared with another person - Manu 

1. Request Manu to create a new list in HIS To Do account - ProjectABCNew 

2. Now, Manu has access to both the lists - ProjectABC (owned and created by Sarah) and ProjectABC (owned and created by Manu). 

3. Manu can right-click on a Task (or select multiple tasks), right click and use move function to move the tasks from ProjectABC to ProjectABCNew. 

4. Above steps work better on To Do Web or Laptop/Desktop. Its a little painful to do this on mobile App

5. Depending on the number of Tasks in a List, it will take a few seconds to a minute or two to update. 

Hope you found this useful. 

@Manu_Bansal 

The problem with moving tasks to a new list is that the person who was assigned the task is lost.  Does anyone have a better solution?

Can this issue being resolved, one of the biggest downsides of ToDo @tlagestee @microsoft

It's a really big problem ,  if you read this the programmers of Microsoft to do , please fix it, thank you

this should be realitively easy I would have thought ?
1) check thatt he current Assigned owner of the task is also a member of the Moving To list
2) if so, retain Task assignment
3). If not, do as it currently does and null down the Assigned To field