SOLVED

Searching using # but hiding completed tasks?

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I'm pretty sure this isn't possible but thought I'd ask anyway.

I use hashtags in my tasks, these are mostly to remind me to speak to certain colleagues about things, ie:

"Update corporate GLs #LP"

That way when I do a search for #LP any things I need to discuss with that person come up, the down side is all completed tasks show up too!

I suppose I could delete all completed tasks but some I keep for reference.

So is there a way of doing a search and omitting completed tasks?

Just to add to the mix I'm on a mac  * 9/10ths of the audience leaves immediately *

Cheers in advance.

5 Replies

@Nosamp this a very valid question, and to help get the attention of the other 9/10 I have the very same issue using Windows 10.
Currently I am not able to filter out completed tasks when searching the TO DO list, which takes away a lot of value from the tool.

Are there any specific handles or syntax to exclude completed or non active tasks?

best response confirmed by Nosamp (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Hugo_Da_Silva I now have (I hope) a solution for both of us!

On a PC there should be 3 small dots top right when you do your search that gives you the option to hide completed tasks (a colleague has a PC and that was on their version so hoping it's the same for you?)

On a Mac you have to go to the List menu and select it there (see attached - can't believe I didn't think of that TBH!?)

Anyway I hope that helps you, it sorted my issue out!

Happy Friday!

Hi @Nosamp.
That does it for me too. Thank you.
Everyone enjoys a clean interface, but it really needs to be evident. Hiding random options behind three dots is not.
Microsoft should review and improve.
Thanks again for the information! :)

Hi@Hugo_Da_Silva 

Yep I agree it could be clearer, it's why I asked the question as it wasn't obvious (Ironically the 3 dots are there for me on a normal list which is why I didnt think to look in the menu).

Welcome for the help, thank you for getting involved.

Cheers

UPDATE: I'm not sure if this will work on a PC but on a Mac,
Command + Shift + D
Hides/Unhides compleated tasks, this works on normal lists and on searches.
Cheers
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Nosamp (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Hugo_Da_Silva I now have (I hope) a solution for both of us!

On a PC there should be 3 small dots top right when you do your search that gives you the option to hide completed tasks (a colleague has a PC and that was on their version so hoping it's the same for you?)

On a Mac you have to go to the List menu and select it there (see attached - can't believe I didn't think of that TBH!?)

Anyway I hope that helps you, it sorted my issue out!

Happy Friday!

View solution in original post