Scheduling time in Outlook for tasks

Copper Contributor

I've been using To Do personally for a while now and just recently started a new job with Microsoft 365.  I love how To Do is starting to integrate with Outlook. Coming from a company that had used Google Workspace I recognize a new feature for To Do that could take it to another level.

I'd like to be able to schedule time on my calendar for specific tasks. It's one thing to have a due date of today, it's another to day, I'm going to complete this task between 1:00-1:30 today.

Dynamic options would be great as well - provide an estimated completion time (say 45 minutes) and then To Do & Outlook reserves 45 minutes free on my calendar. Even better would be a dynamic process that shows that time as free to others so if a meeting is scheduled at a time Outlook will move my task to another time (assuming there's time left before the due date).

3 Replies
The ability to schedule/block time on your Outlook calendar for a specific to do item would be an extremely powerful feature addition for MS To Do.

I am currently helping a client to role out To Do to all users and have equally identified a strong need to be able to have the task on To Do scheduled and blocked out on Outlook Calendar. I have tried to find a walkaround this but could not really find a way to achieve it. I think this seem to have limited the range of things you can do with this great tool, To Do, in conjunction with the Calendar. I am having to go back to explore Google offerings, something I would not have liked to do. 

@Chi296 - the only way I have found to do this is to click and drag the task from the outlook sidebar into the calendar and it allows to schedule - doesn't allow for any automation or task completion to my knowledge but is helpful for planning - hope that helps