Repeated task with repeated reminder for not completed tasks

Copper Contributor

When I repeat a task, e.g. "feed the cat" I would like to repeat that in the morning and in the evening every day. I'm fine that I need to make two tasks, one for in the morning and one for in the evening.

But when  I set a reminder at 08 and 20, I want to get a reminder every day! Automatically, and also if I do not tick of the task for that day (horrible me, forgetting to feed the cat!). Is that possible and I am just not able to make it work or does that not exist?

Thanks!

13 Replies
Same here. Recurring reminders are not a feature.
Any sign this is being addressed? Used to be OK in Wunderlist. Basically, if I set up a custom repeated task (e.g. Tuesdays and Thursdays), I expect to new able to have an associated reminder/notification that also repeated each time. Right now the reminder only appears the first time the task comes up. Seems pretty basic requirement for a To Do list?

@fyver Yes, please make this a feature!  Is there a place to submit feature requests?

I need also that on my android phone.
To bad for a so simple function not included on the app.
I will try Google keep notes and list that said that it can do that.

Almost two years later and this is still an issue.  If I check off a task close to it's due date and time it usually carries the reminder over to the next day, however, if I'm a few hours late checking it off or if I check it off on my phone, the reminder may not carry over to the next day.

I'm pretty sure the whole point of a "To Do" list is to "REMIND" you of things to do, right?  What's the point if the REMIND function doesn't work?

I've missed a few deadlines now because I trusted this app so now i'm looking for a new solution.

@rdunham7 

have you found an alternative?

@decmanistal Only hack I've found is to set the tasks/reminders on the Reminders app on my iPhone. Then they are synced to MS To Do with recurring reminders.

@fyver I’d like similar functionality, it could be relatively easily implemented like a calendar “reminder” in outlook that can be snoozed.

- Acknowledge the notification as complete.

- If the notification/task is not acknowledged, repeat the notification.

- Provide the capability to snooze the notification for a given period of time, after that send the notification again.

I would like this addressed as well

@fyver I have just created a flow to do this for me on recurring tasks that I want a reminder on.

Hope it helps, you can make the reminder be what you want with some logic if the same as the due date doesnt work for your needs.

Shadoxity_2-1671698391800.png