Recurring Tasks in ToDo don't go away when clicked off

Brass Contributor

Is it me, or are other users finding that when they click off a task, that is on a repeat cycle, the task comes right back up like wack-a-mole? 

And not at the next scheduled due date....but the same date. 

I am noticing it in "Planned" list view. 

I need to click it off a couple times before it actually goes away. 

I have a ton of repeat items and it's super annoying. 

Let me know if others are having this same issue. 

Thanks,

Bob

11 Replies
I'm facing similar issues. but this type of issues are not always happening but only sometimes. I'm having problem like daily repeating tasks after finishing for a current day, some of them becomes available for next day (because they are set to repeat daily) but some do not., Some just disappears completely after completing and do not show up for the next day even though they are set to repeat daily.
This problem have been there from a long time. still not fixed. It's still not fixed, It's very frustrating. Hope developers listen to us soon.
I’m also having intermittent problems with repeating tasks not always repeating when I complete the current iteration. Problem exists on both Android and iPad platform.
I have the same problem. I considered it happened because of some sort of corrupted information, so I deleted some of those tasks and re-entered them, but the problem persists. After I repetitiously click one or two tasks complete, the issue goes away for the rest of the day but comes back the next day.

Yes I see this or very similar. If I tick off a recurring task, it seems to just advance the due date by one day and leave the next start date alone. This is probably whey we see a 'second' one appear. In other words, it really mucks things up so I only use it R/O as I don't want to risk messing with my tasks.

I've also got problems with recurring tasks, when completed they sometimes (correctly) re-appear in the planned list for the next occurrence, but sometimes they do not.

@paulsross In my case, a recent update has fixed the problem and ToDo is now working well. I now have version 2.28.169.

@JCECY thanks for the pointing this out. 2.28.169 is the Android version so I checked my phone and by un-completing a task and then completing it again it correctly re-scheduled itself. Unfortunately the Windows version (which I mostly use) still has the bug.

I use a Windows 10 laptop and I use iOS 14 on my iPhone. For the first time, it works correctly! I hope this keeps up.

For me, it's in the "My Day" view. Any future recurring task keeps showing up after I checked off the instance for today. Also, this only happen with tasks from a shared list.

same thing but they don't go away no matter how many times I click it.
it adds a completed one to the day each time but the next one appears on the same day instead of next repeat time.
I've tried re starting my pc. uninstalling, didn't work. and no matter if I open it in my phone or in the web, the issue remains the same.

I have the same problem. Sometimes the task does finally go away, and sometimes it just keeps coming back due on the same date; I just have to delete it.
It's crazy annoying, and it's crippling my everyday work.