Issue: The "My Day" side pane in Outlook calendar web not showing assigned tasks added to My Day

Copper Contributor

I want to use the neat drag-and-drop feature announced here for tasks assigned to me in Planner.

Steps to recreate:

• In Planner, a task gets assigned to me

KaiyiC_1-1649203663140.png

•  In the To Do web app, I can see this task in "Assigned to Me", add it to "My Day"

KaiyiC_2-1649203803862.png

• In the To Do web app, the task is now in "My Day"
  • KaiyiC_3-1649203848258.png

Actual behavior:

• The assigned task added to "My Day" in To Do web is not shown in the Outlook Web "To Do - My Day" side pane.

KaiyiC_4-1649203892933.png

Expected behavior:

• In the outlook calendar web app, I should be able to see this "assigned" task added to "My Day", in the side-pane which allows drag and drop.

Better yet, the "assigned to me" list could show up as one of the "To Do" dropdown options.

Because of this issue, I am not able to time-block for tasks assigned to me from Planner.

Same problem found here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/help-showing-my-planner-tasks-in-the-my-day-p...

This is definitely a loose thread in the feature.

Any idea if this could be implemented? Or how to get this feedback through to Microsoft?

Thanks! @SheetalSethi @Ayan_Chakraborty @Akshay_Kumar

15 Replies

Hi @KaiyiC ,

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

We have added it to our backlog and we hope to prioritize and resolve this soon. 

@Ayan_Chakraborty The same issue still persists. Was it resolved somehow?

@Ayan_ChakrabortyI'm experiencing the same issue with not Planner but the To Do app. Tasks scheduled in various lists showed up in My Day in To Do, but are not available to drag and drop in the side tab on Outlook.com calendar.

Hi @Ayan_Chakraborty,
I'm having the same problem described by @KaiyiC.
Can you please provide a status update for this issue?
Thank you very much!
@Ayan_Chakraborty, I'm having the same issue. Is this there a way we can upvote this on the backlog?
Same issue here as well. I want to be able to see the My Day tasks I've set in To Do from the Outlook PWA pane, but they don't show up.

I believe I understand what's happening: when a task's scheduled day arrives, the Todo app automatically sets it as a "My day" task. However, the Todo app seems to be missing a configuration step, as the task is not recognized as a "My day" task in the Outlook PWA (maybe they're using different properties in the data structure?).

As a workaround, try removing the task from "My day" in the Todo app by pressing the "X" next to "Added to my day," and then adding it back by pressing "Add to my day". This action will display the task in the Outlook PWA "My Day" task list.

This should be an easy fix, and I hope that Microsoft addresses it soon, as it is a frustrating bug.

It appears this has persisted for one year. Any updates?

@JBlack_Dymon same issue here. Very strange. And too bad, because it diminishes the value of the outlook dashboard

@FCSimoes, A simpler method is, in Outlook PWA, switch the list you're viewing from "My Day" to "Planned". Right-click any planned task for today and choose "Add to My Day".

Outlook.jpg

@Ukiman1014It doesn't work either, any task oming from planner cannot reach by anyway the to-do sidebar within outlook.

How is the backlog? I cannot see any planner assigned tasks in the sidebar in order to time block. I see them in the 'manage all tasks' link at the bottom of the sidebar, but i cannot time block from there, can i?
This may be a bug, but it is not what the post is precisely about, I don't think. The issue is in a planner plan, given a task is assigned to you, it does not appear ever in the sidebar, only in teams planner and to-do, full outlook web app to-do list and the to-do app. the sidebar never shows planner assigned to tasks as source. whether added to 'my day' or not. compare the my day in sidebar with others my days/

Hi, I have the same problem. Tasks from Microsoft planner appear to "My day" if one navigates to the full-window display of My Day from the left side menu or to-do.office.com. But these Microsoft Planner tasks never appear on the right side pane, so they cannot be dragged into the calendar. The solution mentioned above, to remove it from My Day and put it back again, doesn't work

It seems that the integration between Microsoft Planner and Outlook has only gone half way. It would be great if Microsoft could resolve this bug.

I wonder if one could solve this behavior via PowerAutomate.

@Ayan_Chakraborty  do you have an update on this?  It's getting close to two years since it was added to the backlog.