Groups aren't syncing

Copper Contributor

I was thrilled to finally see that Groups were added to To-Do. I immediately recreated all of my folders from Wunderlist and moved all of my lists around into those new groups.  But then looked on my phone, iPad and on the web version and the groups I created were nowhere to be found.  Other changes I make in the Mac app _are_ reflected on the web, etc.

Please don't tell me syncing of Groups isn't supposed to work?

Allison Sheridan
Podfeet Podcasts at https://podfeet.com
Technology geek podcasts with an EVER so slight Apple bias!
Follow me at @podfeet

clipboard_image_0.png

5 Replies

@podfeet I am seconding everything you've mentioned in your post. I have been waiting since I moved from Wunderlist for this feature and have been surprised and disappointed that the group I created has not synced to any other device. Please fix this, fast, or the new feature is useless.

Edit: Adding more information after doing more checks. I use the apps for iPhone and iPad as well as the online interface. Groups made on the iPad or online show up on the other. The iPhone appears to be the weak link: groups made on the iPhone do not appear on the other two and groups made on the other two do not appear on the iPhone. Ergo: iPhone app is the broken link for me.

@podfeetI am seeing the same behaviour between iOS and the Windows app. Groups created in one do not appear in the other.

I signed out of, and back into, the iOS app, and now Groups are syncing.

@Matthew Jarsky  Thank you! I also signed out and back in and now syncing appears to be working as expected.

@Matthew Jarsky I logged out on my iPhone and back in, and now there ARE the groups I created but the lists I put in them are randomly correct and incorrect. For example, I have a group called Christmas Lists, and inside it one for each family member. On the Mac, all family member's lists were put inside the group, but on iPhone only one is inside the group.

Even worse, on the Mac it has _changed_ to have many more lists inside Christmas than those I put in there. Random packing lists, etc have migrated.

Clearly Groups are fundamentally broken.  Back to Wunderlist till they get this sorted. I'll keep coming back and dipping my toe in though!