Flagged emails renaming custom flags to "Flag for Follow Up"

Occasional Visitor

I use flags in emails extensively in outlook to identify the next action for myself on an email thread. To do this I give each flag a custom name in addition to the target date to complete.

I recently experimented with "Microsoft Todo" using the "Flagged Emails" option to push flagged emails to tasks in ToDo and was gutted to see that the sync process appeared to rename all of the custom flags on my recent emails back to "Flag for Follow Up" - I have now lost all of the context information on what my next actions were on a raft of my most recent discussions.

Is it expected that the flags are overwritten by the sync process? If so then at least some warning that the flag names would revert to a default would have been invaluable in informing me not to enable this option.

1 Reply

@adampknight Thank you so much for posting this. I ran into the same thing and I had no idea whey I was getting duplicate dates in my task to do list. I didn't realize it was killing my notes! I had forgotten about experimenting with the To Do app, as I spent about 5 minutes on it and it was not useful.  It's wasted at least a couple of hours trying to figure out what broke my Outlook!