Finding To Do slow recently

Copper Contributor

Has anyone else found To Do has become quite slow lately?

I've used it most days in the past but stopped over the last couple of months due to my work changing. I'm back to it now and find that it's taking 30+ seconds to bring my tasks up, 10+ seconds to respond when I complete them, and sometimes completed ones return to the list. It makes it pretty unusable, or at least very frustrating. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

10 Replies

@HarrietL I've also found Microsoft To Do very slow in the past few days.  I'm accessing it with a browser and on a Mac and a PC I'm getting page unresponsive errors. 

Hello, from my point of view,, it works good... But you can also use todo for web and install it as a pwa !
This has been an ongoing persistent issue for me
This is an ongoing issue for me too (Windows 10 with the latest updates and Microsoft 365 apps installed on a powerful professional computer). It's frustrating when the app is so slow to process and add the items when I want to enter multiple sub-items in a list. The app is processing the input a lot slower than I enter new words and sup-items, it's really annoying.
Its very slow! i tried to remove and re-install the app from the Microsoft store but this doesn't solve the slowing issue. Donno what is going on with Microsoft Store, many apps are not working properly and windows updates for windows 10 are very distributive! since they launched windows 11 upgrade many problems persist on laptops that has no hardware requirements for the 11. God bless Lebanon

@HarrietL 

Yes. Today, I found the App to be very slow when I try to type anything in the Notes. Also, rich rext options like bold / underline / lists etc appeared today only. And instantly typing has become extremely slow. All other aspects are working fine.

@Tio_Dep you are so extremely helpful 

:)

@HarrietL I also face an extremely slow To Do, particularly in the Apple App. To add a simple to-do (four to five words) takes forever.  Each letter is syncing and will take a few minutes to write. 

I have uninstalled the app a couple of times to no avail.

Any suggestions?

I've found a solution for slow To-Do. I've had a list of tasks for a long time with over 5.000 tasks (95% complete) and I've noticed that it slowed down the app on my computer.
So I created a new list with 0 completed tasks and moved the uncompleted tasks to this new list. Bam...the app is fast again.
That is why Microsoft told one of the users here to clean the flags of the e-mail. Many flags equals to many tasks on To-Do. If you have more than 5.000 tasks (or less, I don't know the specific number), chances are you are gonna have lag on the windows app.